Submit Your Paperwork
Application materials are submitted using the Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS: www.ptcas.org
). The following are part of the PTCAS and needed for your application to be considered.
Personal Statements (in addition to the PTCAS essay):
The following personal statements are found and answered in PTCAS only after you choose to have your PTCAS application submitted to our Program.
- What insights into the physical therapy profession have you gained from your physical therapy observation experiences? (maximum length 3000 characters)
- Why is the UW-Madison DPT Program a good fit for you and what can you contribute to our Program? (maximum length 3000 characters)
- If you have previously applied to the UW-Madison DPT Program, how is your application to our Program stronger at this time? (maximum length 1500 characters)
- Three letters are required; a fourth letter will be reviewed if submitted.
- It is required that one reference letter be from a physical therapist, preferably someone you observed during a PT Observation experience. There is no other requirement as to who writes reference letters; however letters are not to be written by friends or family members.
- Letters that provide comments about your unique background and diverse life experiences will strengthen your application.