Bryan C. Heiderscheit, PT, PhD
1300 University Avenue
Room 4120 Medical Sciences Center
Madison, WI 53706
- Bachelor of Science
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, La Crosse, WI, 1994
- Master of Science - Biomechanics
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, 1998
- PhD - Biomechanics
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, 2000
Dr. Heiderscheit's research addresses various aspects of human movement, with an emphasis primarily on the underlying mechanics and their relation to injury. My current projects include:
- Understanding the immediate and long term changes in muscle-tendon morphology and function following injury and recovery.
- Determining if running form modification can serve as an effective adjunct to the standard of care for various running-related injuries.
- Using a performance testing battery to track injury-risk and athletic performance in student-athletes.
- Developing a web-based animated exercise library of rehabilitation exercises that can be accessed over the Internet by patients under the care of physical therapists.
Links related to my research: