Mary E. Sesto, PT, MS, PhD
1300 University Avenue
Room 5110 Medical Sciences Center
Madison, WI 53706-1532
- Bachelor of Science - Physical Therapy
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 1988
- Master of Science - Industrial Engineering
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 1997
- PhD - Industrial Engineering
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 2003
- Capstone Certificate - Fundamentals in Clinical Research, Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 2009
Dr. Sesto's research interests focus on minimizing work disability through optimizing workplace design and therapeutic interventions.
Dr. Sesto's current projects include:
- Developing a patient-centered, web-based intervention to improve work ability of breast cancer survivors.
- Investigating the causes and prevention of work related musculoskeletal disorders.
- Understanding the biomechanical factors that contribute to the development and recurrence of upper extremity muscle-tendon disorders.
- Designing information technology to be accessible and usable.