The UW Health joint replacement team consists of fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of hip and knee disease, and have additional training in joint replacement procedures including:
- Primary and revision total knee replacement
- Partial knee replacement, including robotic assisted partial knees (MAKOplasty)
- Surface replacement arthroplasty (SRA)
- Metal on metal total hip replacement
- Traditional total hip replacement
The University of Wisconsin is the only academic facility in Wisconsin to offer the MAKOplasty.
Our patients represent a wide range of ages, activity levels, and disease severity, and our goal is to help every patient regain their quality of life as quickly and painlessly as possible.