Application Process

Rehabilitation Residency

UW Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation provides three residency positions for each training year, starting with postgraduate year 2 (PGY-2).
Applicants must be graduates of medical schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education. Applicants must have completed an internship year in general internal medicine, or a transitional internship year, at a program accredited by the American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
We will only accept application materials sent through ERAS, the Electronic Residency Application Service from the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). This service significantly reduces the amount of time medical students spend on the application process.


A valid Wisconsin medical license is required for all house officers who have completed one year of approved postgraduate training in the United States or Canada, including residents after PGY1 and fellows. Residents also register for federal DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) prescriber certificates. License and DEA permit fees are reimbursed by UW Graduate Medical Education. For more information please visit the Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing.
Copyright © 2018 The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System
MedHub MedHub Ortho Email Email Login Admin Login