Dr. Sehgal is a Professor and Chair of the Division of Rehabilitation Medicine, the Director of the UW Interventional Pain Medicine Program, and Director of the accredited multidisciplinary Pain Medicine Fellowship at UW. Her clinical practice is exclusively devoted to Pain Management at UW Health.
Dr. Sehgal established and developed the Interventional Pain Program at UW Health. She conceived and organized the annual comprehensive review of Pain Medicine, held every year in Madison since 2003. This is a national, multidisciplinary course taught by both faculty from UW Madison and by external, nationally-recognized faculty.
Dr. Sehgal started training fellows in pain medicine in 2008. The fellowship gained ACGME accreditation in 2016.
Dr. Sehgal is a Section Editor in Pain Medicine and Pain Physician. She has served on the Member Guidelines Committee for the American Pain Society and is a Past President of the WI PMR Society.
- Assessment and treatment of neuropathic pain, chronic spinal pain, cancer pain, CRPS, and musculoskeletal pain disorders
- Interventional approaches to Pain Management including ultrasound and fluoroscopic guided nerve blocks, joint and ligament injections, disc treatments, radiofrequency ablations, neuromodulation with spinal cord stimulators, and intrathecal analgesia
- Section Editor, Pain Physician
- Member Guidelines Committee, American Pain Society
- Past President, Wi PMR Society
- Pain assessment
- neuropathic pain
- cancer pain
- outcomes research
- systematic reviews and guidelines
- interventional treatments
- opioid analgesics
- Fellowship - Pain Management/Interventional Spine and Musculoskeletal Medicine
Spine Technology and Rehabilitation, Fort Wayne, IN, 1998-1999
- Internship - Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 1994-1998
- Residency - General Surgery
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India, 1975-1978
- Medical Doctorate - M.B.B.S.
Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, Amjer, India, 1975
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine
- Colored Pain Drawing as a Clinical Tool in Differentiating Neuropathic Pain from Non-Neuropathic Pain
- Epidural Interventions in the Management of Chronic Spinal Pain: American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP) Comprehensive Evidence-Based Guidelines
- The Long-Term Efficacy of Radiofrequency Ablation With and Without Steroid Injection
- Telemedicine During COVID-19 and Beyond: A Practical Guide and Best Practices Multidisciplinary Approach for the Orthopedic and Neurologic Pain Physical Examination
- Test-Retest and Inter-Examiner Reliability of a Novel Bedside Quantitative Sensory Testing Battery in Postherpetic Neuralgia Patients
- Comprehensive Evidence-Based Guidelines for Facet Joint Interventions in the Management of Chronic Spinal Pain: American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP) Guidelines Facet Joint Interventions 2020 Guidelines