Dr. Mirgain's clinical interests include individual and couples psychotherapy with patients with mood, anxiety disorders and adjustment issues, sports psychology and peak performance training, pre-surgical psychological evaluations, and individual and group treatment of patients with a variety of health problems including pain, headaches, cardiac rehabilitation, diabetes, IBS, hypertension, TMJ and insomnia.
Dr. Mirgain's clinical interventions include cognitive-behavioral approaches to management of health and secondary psychological issues, biofeedback, hypnosis, guided imagery, relaxation training and mindfulness cognitive therapy for stress reduction.
- Faculty, Annual Comprehensive Pain Board Review Symposium
- Faculty, Pain and Musculoskeletal Fellowship Program
- Faculty, Bi-Annual Preventative Cardiology Symposium
- Treasurer of Biofeedback Society of Wisconsin
Dr. Mirgain's research interests are broadly defined within the field of behavioral medicine.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship
Stanford University - Department of Psychiatry, Behavior
Medicine Clinic, Stanford, CA, 2004-2005
University of Wisconsin, Madison,WI, 2003-2004
- Doctor of Philosophy
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts
Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA, 1995
- Licensed Psychologist, Wisconsin
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis