The goal of the University of Wisconsin Orthopedic Sports Medicine fellowship is to prepare physicians for an outstanding career in sports medicine, either as private‐practice or academic surgeons.
- Recruit outstanding candidates who want to become leaders in their community or in academic programs
- Train fellows who excel in sports medicine education, research and clinical practice
- Provide the knowledge and skills for graduates to perform as team physician at whatever level of sports (youth, high school, collegiate or professional)
- Provide the foundation for a lifetime of learning and practice of orthopedic sports medicine
- Produce graduates who exemplify the highest ideals of our profession, who provide compassionate healthcare services and contribute toward improvement of the healthcare delivery system